Our dedicated staff are available M to F 10 am to 6:30 pm to provide you with concierge level service. So call us toll free at (855) 642-4438 and let us help you find what you want, when you want it and at a price you can afford!
How about bedroom re-dos to ease your kids' Back to School transition? Okay, okay. So it’s not an extra week of vacation... but it may help to relieve the late-summer doldrums. How to do it? Take at look at our Five Fab Favorites for a Girl’s Room Redo. It’s what little girls are made of: “Sugar and spice and everything nice!”
1. Princess Pretty: A so-so bedroom can be transformed into a Princess-worthy boudoir without costing a King’s ransom! Simple changes such like a lovely comforter and sheets, or a gossamer hanging bed canopy can make a “commoner” feel like a true princess! (Better steer clear of those peas under the mattress!)
2. Warm up the room with contrasting colors and prints. Already awash in Princess pink? Try painting one bedroom wall in rich chocolate brown or sage green with toss pillows and a wall hanging as accents. Add a bit of classic sophistication (and extra storage) with ottomans or a storage chest for treasures.
3. ‘Once Upon a Time”. Cultivate her imagination with a cozy reading nook. Add a small, overstuffed chair or beanbag, a whimsical lamp, along with fairy tale books old and new (yes, the non-electronic versions!) from a local thrift store or library used book sale. You’ll create a quiet corner for reflection after a full day of school work and after-school activities.
4. Study and Storage Station. Homework may not be the favorite school subject, but a cool study place can make the load a bit lighter. Make the grade with a workstation desk and trendy storage baskets for school supplies. Choosing a contemporary style will help her room transition well from tween to teen.
5. A Thing (or two) of Beauty is a joy forever. Now that you've set up the study station, spruce up her “beauty bar.” Stylish shelving and more storage baskets can make organizing hair care and make-up a breeze. Add shabby elegance with a new wall or closet-mounted mirror and ease the early morning bathroom traffic jam to boot. Don’t just save the treats for traveling. Stock a bedside basket with travel-size samples of lotion, shampoo, and such for your girlie. Just one more thing to make her bedroom a delightful retreat.
Got your creative juices flowing? Great! Let's get re-doing!
Next week: Ideas for a Boy’s Room Redo.
Looking for more ideas, check out the following boards on Pinterest: